Helplinelaw - legal solution world wide  
round round
business development in india
A New Business Concept in India
Anti Dumping Regime in India
Arbitration Under The Arbitration And Concilliation Act 1996
Change in Pecuniary Jurisdiction of City Civil Courts helps ease burden of Bombay High Court
Appeals before the supreme court of India
How the Law will take its course in Sheena Bora Murder Mystery
Adulteration of Drugs
Adulteration of Food or Drink Intended For Sale
After amendments to the Juvenile Justice Law, is India in violation of the Child Rights Convention?
Adoption among Hindus
Adoption under different laws in India
Accidents Claims Under The Motor Vehcles Act, 1939
Amendments made to the Income Tax act in view of Demonetization
Anti- money laundering laws in India
Are you paying too much income tax - quick guide for Doctors, Lawyers, Architects, etc.
‘Visa on Arrival’ – Making travel so much easier!
Cause Lists
Devyani Khobragade Case
Gambling - Legal status in India
Decriminalization of Section 377: Reality or Façade?
Law against Medical Negligence in India
Law on firearms in India
Legal Remedies for entrepreneurs in debt
BENAMI TRANSACTION A Brief Introduction to the Benami Property (Prohibition) Amendment Act, 2016
Benami Transaction and its Legality
Buying Property through a General Power of Attorney
Estate laws for NRI in India
Basis on which Masarat Alam Bhat walks a free man today - read the High Court J & K Judgetment 2012
Compact Disc to be Admitted as an Evidence
Construction workers not covered by the Factories Act, 1948 and are entitled to the welfare measure specifically provided under BOCW ACT, 1996 and Welfare Cess Act, 1996
search a lawyer
letterboxSubmit Article
loginArticle Login
Find a Lawyer :
Country :
City :
Category :
Home > Global Connection > Thailand Work / Business Visa Law
round round
round round
Work Visa / Business Visa

Foreigners who wish to work/conduct business or undertake investment activities in Thailand must apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa at the Royal Thai Embassies or Consulates abroad. (Information on location and contact numbers of the Thai Embassies and Consulates-General can be obtained through website categories of non-immigrant visa are currently provided to meet the need and qualification of individual business people. These include business visa (category B), business approved visa (category B-A) and investment and business visa (category IB). Visa fee is 500 Baht for single entry with three-month validity and 1,000 Baht for multiple entries with one-year validity.

Passport holders of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Palestinian State, Sudan, Algeria, Libya, Yemen, Nepal, Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Egypt have to apply for visa at the Thai Embassy or Consulate General where they have their permanent residence.


Foreigners who wish to work in Thailand need to submit the following documents
  1. Visa application Form completely filled out
  2. Applicant's passport with validity not less than six months and its copy
  3. Two 4x6 cm. full-faced, bareheaded photos taken within the past six months
  4. Letter of acceptance from the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment, Mit-Maitree Road, Dindaeng, Bangkok 10400 Tel 662-245-2745 / 245-3209 / 617-6578 / 617-6584 Fax. 662-6176576, 245-2593)
For those foreigners who wish to work in Thailand, their employer in Thailand should submit Form WP3 (Application for applying a work permit on behalf of alien) together with other related documents such as a certificate issued by the Department of Commercial Registration, documentary evidence of educational qualifications, etc. at the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare.]
  1. Official marriage and birth certificate (In case of the applicant's family members)
  2. Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
  3. Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (only in case the applicant has previously worked in the Kingdom)
An alien who receives a non-immigrant visa can work in Thailand after having received a work permit. Any violation thereof shall make the employee liable for imprisonment not exceeding three months, to pay a fine not exceeding five-thousand Baht, or both penalties.

An alien who performs work that is prescribed by the Royal Decree B.E. 2522 (1979) which prohibits alien employment in certain occupations and professions is liable to be imprisoned not exceeding five years, will be fined from 2,000 to 10,000 Baht, or both penalties.)


Foreigners who wish to conduct business in Thailand need to submit the following
  1. Visa application Form completely filled out
  2. Applicant's passport with validity not less than 6 months and its copy
  3. Two 4x6 cm. full-faced, bareheaded photos taken within the past 6 months
  4. Letter from the applicant's company stating the objective of the visit to Thailand, his/her salary,etc.
  5. Document showing correspondence with trading partners in Thailand.
  6. Financial evidence in case that the applicant is doing his/her own business
  7. Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
  8. Letter of invitation from company in Thailand together with copy of corporate documents comprising of 1) list of shareholders 2) business registration and business license 3) company profile 4) details of business operation 5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions 6) map indicating the location of the company 7) Balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30) of the latest year 8) Alien income tax return (Por Ngor Dor 91) and 9) Value-added tax registration (Por Ngor Dor 20) , etc.
  9. Copies of company documents must be signed by Board of Directors or authorized managing director and affixed the seal of the company.
  10. Document indicating the number of foreign tourists (for tourism business only), or document indicating export transactions issued by banks (for export business only)
  11. Official marriage and birth certificates (In case of the applicant's family members)
Consular officers reserve the rights to ask for additional documents as deemed necessary.

In the absence of a required document, a letter indicating the unavailability of such document must be provided.

The applicant must sign on each page of the copy.

Documents in foreign languages must be translated in Thai. If translated into English, it should be notorized by notary organs or the applicant's diplomatic/ consular mission.

The holders of this type of visa are entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days. Upon completion of such period, an extension of stay for a period of one year counting from the date of arrival in the Kingdom can be applied for at the Office of the Immigration Bureau.

Business approved visa (category "B-A") may be applied for at the Embassies or Consulates abroad but approval shall be given by the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok before visa is issued to the qualified applicant. The company in which the applicant will invest or do business with can also apply for this type of visa at the Immigration Bureau. The validity of stay for B-A type visa is valid for a period of one year counting from the date of arrival in the Kingdom.

Investment and business visa (category "IB") is issued to foreign staff working under investment projects promoted by the Board of Investment of Thailand (BOT). The project must benefit the country in the following ways:
  1. Produce for export
  2. Increase employment
  3. Utilize indigenous raw materials
  4. Locate in provincial areas
  5. Encourage technology transfer to Thai nationals
  6. Not compete in such a way as to destroy existing domestic business
After entering the Kingdom, applicants or their assignee must go to the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment) to apply for a work permit and shall pay the income tax accordingly. If the company's applicant is located in other provinces, the applicant must apply at Labour Development Office in that province.

Applicant's family members, namely; spouse, parents and children who are unmarried and under 20 years old, are eligible to apply for Non-Immigrant Visa (category "O") and will allow to stay from the period of 90 days up to 1 year.

Foreigners entering the Kingdom under a Transit Visa ("TS") or Tourist Visa ("TR") wishing to engage in business activities may apply for a change to Non-Immigrant Visa at the Immigration Bureau Office located at Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Tel (662) 2873101-10 or at website htm. The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
privious continue

round round
round round
round round
Introduction of Visa
Tourist Visa
Transit Visa
NON-Immigrant Visa
Work Visa / Business Visa
Immigrant Visa
Tourist Visa Exemption
Temporary Tourist Visa Law / Visa on Arrival
Visa for Temporary Residence
india entry
Add Lawyer
Legal Enquiry
Find a Lawyer
Bare Acts / India Codes
Statutes / Code
India Lawyer
United State Lawyer
UAE Lawyer
Canada Lawyer
Find More...
Business Law
Employment & Labor Law
Govt. Agencis & Taxtion
Family Law
Real Estate Property Law
Immigration Law
About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Recommend to Friends
© copyright 2000-2015, Terms of USE
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice in India abroad regarding their individual legal, civil criminal issues or consult one of the experts online.