Helplinelaw - legal solution world wide  
round round
business development in india
A New Business Concept in India
Anti Dumping Regime in India
Arbitration Under The Arbitration And Concilliation Act 1996
Change in Pecuniary Jurisdiction of City Civil Courts helps ease burden of Bombay High Court
Appeals before the supreme court of India
How the Law will take its course in Sheena Bora Murder Mystery
Adulteration of Drugs
Adulteration of Food or Drink Intended For Sale
After amendments to the Juvenile Justice Law, is India in violation of the Child Rights Convention?
Adoption among Hindus
Adoption under different laws in India
Accidents Claims Under The Motor Vehcles Act, 1939
Amendments made to the Income Tax act in view of Demonetization
Anti- money laundering laws in India
Are you paying too much income tax - quick guide for Doctors, Lawyers, Architects, etc.
‘Visa on Arrival’ – Making travel so much easier!
Cause Lists
Devyani Khobragade Case
Gambling - Legal status in India
Decriminalization of Section 377: Reality or Façade?
Law against Medical Negligence in India
Law on firearms in India
Legal Remedies for entrepreneurs in debt
BENAMI TRANSACTION A Brief Introduction to the Benami Property (Prohibition) Amendment Act, 2016
Benami Transaction and its Legality
Buying Property through a General Power of Attorney
Estate laws for NRI in India
Basis on which Masarat Alam Bhat walks a free man today - read the High Court J & K Judgetment 2012
Compact Disc to be Admitted as an Evidence
Construction workers not covered by the Factories Act, 1948 and are entitled to the welfare measure specifically provided under BOCW ACT, 1996 and Welfare Cess Act, 1996
search a lawyer
letterboxSubmit Article
loginArticle Login
Find a Lawyer :
Country :
City :
Category :
Home > Global Connection > Thailand Visa Law - Thai Visa Law
round round
round round
Visa for Temporary Residence

This type of visa will be issued to applicants aged 50 years or above wishing to take retreat in the Kingdom at least for the period of one year.

  1. A foreign national whose age is 50 years or above (on the date of submitting the application).
  2. Not being prohibited from entering the Kingdom under the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (A.D.1979).
  3. Having no criminal record against the security of Thailand and the country of his/her nationality, or the country of his/her residence.
  4. Having the nationality of or the residence in the country where his/her application is submitted.
  5. Not having prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Drug Addiction, Elephantiasis and Third step of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535).
  6. Not being allowed to work in Thailand.
  1. A passport with validity not less than 18 months
  2. Three copies of visa application form completely filled out.
  3. Three passport-sized photos of the applicant taken within the past six months.
  4. A personal Data Form
  5. A copy of bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthy income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.
  6. In the case of the bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is to be shown as well.
  7. Verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record issued from the country of his/her nationality or residence (the verification shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notorized by notary organs or the applicant's diplomatic/consular mission).
  8. A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (the certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notorized by notary organs or the applicant's diplomatic/consular mission).
  9. In the case that the applicant wishes to have his/her spouse stay together in the Kingdom but the spouse is not qualified for the "O-A" visa, their marriage certificate shall also be produced as evidence and should be notorized by notary organs or the applicant's diplomatic/consular mission. (The spouse will be considered for temporary stay under category "O").
Applicants can submit their applications both at the Thai embassy / consular missions where they have their permanent residence or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand. (Address : Section 1, Sub-Division 1, Immigration 1, Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120. Telephone 287-4948 (direct line) or 287-3101-10 ext. 2236)

The following applicants are eligible to apply for this type of visa in the country :
  1. Applicants undergoing Health Rehabilitation Program in hospitals or Health Centers. These organizations will apply on behalf of the individual applicant.
  2. Applicants who are spouses / parents / children of applicants above.
  3. Applicants to whom the agencies or organizations approved by the Office of the Immigration Bureau have applied for visa on their behalf. The above mentioned applicants must have qualifications stated in I and II.
  4. The Consular missions will be notified to issue visa to the individual applicant when the Office of Immigration Bureau has given approval.
  5. Recommendations for the aliens while staying in the Kingdom
When completing the stay of 90 days in the Kingdom, the alien shall report to the competent authority and repeat it every 90 days with the immigration officer in the alien's residence area, or report to the police station in the alien's residence area if there is no immigration control there.

(In order to report to the competent authority by mail, the alien shall do as follows:

The Report Form (Tor Mor 47) together with a copy of the passport pages showing the alien's photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp as well as a self addressed envelop with postage affixed, shall be forwarded, by 7 days before the due date, by acknowledgement of receipt mail to the Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120.

In the case of conducting any following reports, the Reply Form for the previous report shall be enclosed as well.

At the end of the one-year stay, the alien who wishes to extend his/her stay shall submit a request for the extended period at the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer, or a deposit account in the Kingdom, or an income certificate, at the amount of not less than 800,000 Baht, or an income certificate plus a deposit account at the total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht a year. Extension for one year at a time will be granted to this group of people as long as they meet the requirements as earlier stated and is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.

If the alien's spouse wishes to extend his/her stay as well, the marriage certificate shall be produced.

round round
round round
round round
Introduction of Visa
Tourist Visa
Transit Visa
NON-Immigrant Visa
Work Visa / Business Visa
Immigrant Visa
Tourist Visa Exemption
Temporary Tourist Visa Law / Visa on Arrival
Visa for Temporary Residence
india entry
Add Lawyer
Legal Enquiry
Find a Lawyer
Bare Acts / India Codes
Statutes / Code
India Lawyer
United State Lawyer
UAE Lawyer
Canada Lawyer
Find More...
Business Law
Employment & Labor Law
Govt. Agencis & Taxtion
Family Law
Real Estate Property Law
Immigration Law
About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Recommend to Friends
© copyright 2000-2015, Terms of USE
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice in India abroad regarding their individual legal, civil criminal issues or consult one of the experts online.