(1) The Central Government may, by notification, apply, with or without modifications, all or any of the provisions of this Act to any force raised and maintained in India and suspend the operation of any other enactment for the time being applicable to the said force.
(2) The provisions of this Act so applied shall have effect in respect of persons belonging to the said force as they have effect in respect of persons subject to this Act holding in the Air Force the same or equivalent rank as the aforesaid persons hold for the time being in the said Force.
(3) The provisions of this Act so applied shall also have effect in respect of persons who are employed by, or are in the service of, or are followers of, or accompany any portion of the said force as they have effect in respect of per¬sons subject to this Act under clause (d) of section 2.
(4) While any of the provisions of this Act apply to the said force, the Central Government may, by notification, direct by what authority any jurisdiction, powers or duties incident to the operation of these provisions shall be exercised or performed in respect of the said force.
(1) The Central Government may, by notification, direct that any person or class of persons subject to this Act under clause (d) of section 2, shall be so subject as officers, warrant officers or non-commissioned officers, and may authorise any officer to give a like direction and to cancel such direction.
(2) All persons subject to this Act other than officers, warrant officers and non-commissioned officers shall, if they are not persons in respect of whom a notification or direction under sub-section (1) is in force, be deemed to be of rank inferior to that of a non-commissioned officer.
(1) Every person subject to this Act, under clause (d) of section 2, shall, for the purposes of this Act, be deemed to be under the commanding officer of the unit, or detachment, if any, to which he is attached, and if he is not so attached under the command of any officer who may for the time being be named as his commanding officer by the officer commanding the force with which such person may for the time being be serving, or of any other prescribed officer, or, if no such officer is named or prescribed, under the command of the said officer commanding the Force.
(2) An officer commanding a force shall not place a person subject to this Act under clause (d) of section 2 under the command of an officer of official rank inferior to that of such person if there is present at the place where such person is any officer of higher rank under whose command he can be placed.
(1) Whenever persons subject to this Act are serving under an officer commanding any air force formation not in this section specifically named, and being, in the opinion of the Central Government, not less than a squadron, the said Government may prescribe the officer by whom the powers which, under this Act, may be exercised by Air officers in charge of commands, and officers commanding groups, wings and squadrons shall, as regards such persons, be exercised.
(2) The Central Government may confer such powers either absolutely, or subject to such restrictions, reservations, exceptions and conditions as it may think fit.
Notwithstanding anything contained in clause (i) of section 4, the Central Government may, by notification, declare that any person or class of persons subject to this Act shall, with reference to any area in which they may be serving or with reference to any provision of this Act or of any other law for the time being in force be deemed to be on active service within the meaning of this Act.
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice in India abroad regarding their individual legal, civil criminal issues or consult one of the experts online.