(1) All acts and proceedings of the Board shall be subject to the control of the Central Government which may cancel, suspend or modify as it thinks fit any action taken by the Board.
(2) The Board shall carry out such directions as may be issued to it by the Central Government for the efficient administration of this Act.
(3) The records of the Board shall be open to inspection at all reasonable times by any officer authorized in this behalf by the Central Government.
1*[(1) The Board shall submit to the Central Government and such other authority, as may be prescribed, an annual report on its activities and the working of this Act for the preceding year; and a copy of every such report shall, as soon as may be after it is received by the Central Government, be laid before each House of Parliament.]
(2) The Board shall prepare and submit such other returns relating to the coir industry as may be required by that Government from time to time.
1. Substituted by The Coir Industry (Amendment) Act, 1994 (41 of 1994) w.e.f. 08.07.1994. Prior to substitution it read as under :
"(1) The Board shall submit to the Central Government and such other authority as may be prescribed a half-yearly report and an annual report on its activities and the working of this Act for the preceding six months and the preceding year respectively; and a copy of every such report shall, as soon as may be after it is received by the Central Government, be laid before both Houses of Parliament."
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice in India abroad regarding their individual legal, civil criminal issues or consult one of the experts online.