- Legal Research
- Find a Lawyer
- Hall of Fame
- Professional Services
- Legal Consultation
- Legal Help
Sec187C - Declaration by persons not holding beneficial interest in anyshare
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in section 150, section 153B or section 187B, a person, whose name is entered, at the commencement of the Companies (Amendment) Act, 1974 (41 of 1974), or at any time thereafter, in the register of members of a company as the holder of a share in that company but who does not hold the beneficial interest in such share, shall, within such time and in such form as may be prescribed, make a declaration to the company specifying the name and other particulars of the person who holds the beneficial interest in such share.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained elsewhere in this Act, a person who holds a beneficial interest in a share or a class of shares of a company shall, within thirty days from the commencement of the Companies (Amendment) Act, 1974 (41 of 1974), or within thirty days after his becoming such beneficial owner, whichever is later, make a declaration to the company specifying the nature of his interest, particulars of the person in whose name the shares stand registered in the books of the company and such other particulars as may be prescribed.
(3) Whenever there is a change in the beneficial interest in such shares the beneficial owner shall, within thirty days from the date of such change, make a declaration to the company in such form and containing such particulars as may be prescribed.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in section 153 where any declaration referred to in sub-section (1), sub-section (2) or sub-section (3) is made to a company, the company shall make a note of such declaration, in its register of members and shall file, within thirty days from the date of receipt of the declaration by it, a return in the prescribed form with the Registrar with regard to such declaration.
(a) If any person, being required by the provisions of sub-section (1), sub-section (2) or sub-section (3), to make a declaration, fails, without any reasonable excuse, to do so, he shall be punishable with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees for every day during which the failure continues.
(b) If a company fails to comply with the provisions of this section, the company, and every officer of the company who is in default, shall be punishable with fine which may extend to one hundred rupees for every day during which the default continues.
(6) Any charge, promissory note or any other collateral agreement, created, executed or entered into in relation to any share, by the ostensible owner thereof, or any hypothecation by the ostensible owner of any share, in respect of which a declaration is required to be made under the foregoing provisions of this section, but not so declared, shall not be enforceable by the beneficial owner or any person claiming through him.
(7) Nothing in this section shall be deemed to prejudice the obligation of a company to pay dividend in accordance with the provisions of section 206, and the obligation shall, on such payment, stand discharged.
(8) The provisions of this section shall not apply to the trustee referred to in section 187B on and after the commencement of the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2000.
The current Legal Luminaries of India, the credible names in the legal circle along with those who would be the leading stars of the next decade. These are some of the reliable names in field of law. Nominate the Legal Stars of tomorrow
Sudha Mishra vs. Surya Chandra Mishra( R.F.A 299 of 2014
The Hon'ble High Court of Delhi in Sudha Mishra vs. Surya Chandra Mishra (R.F.A 299 of 2014)has ruled that a woman has a right over the property of her husband but she cannot claim a right to live in the house of her parents-in-law
Helpline Law provides a user friendly compendium of Indian Law & Bare Acts. Get a complete list & detail of Indian Bare Acts, with amendments and repeals. It comes with easy-to-use features like Search by bare acts & by year. You can even email the information to yourself!