Sec 302 - Disclosure to members of directors interest in contractappointing manager, managing director.
(1) Where a company
(a) enters into a contract for the appointment of a manager of the company, in which contract any director of the company is in any way, whether directly or indirectly, concerned or interested; or
(b) varies any such contract already in existence and in which a director is concerned or interested as aforesaid;
the company shall, within twenty-one days from the date of entering into the contract or of the varying of the contract, as the case may be, send to every member of the company an abstract of the terms of the contract or variation, together with a memorandum clearly specifying the nature of the concern or interest of the director in such contract or variation.
(2) Where a company enters into a contract for the appointment of a managing director of the company, or varies any such contract which is already in existence, the company shall send an abstract of the terms of the contract or variation to every member of the company within the time specified in sub-section (1); and if any other director of the company is concerned or interested in the contract or variation, a memorandum clearly specifying the nature of the concern or interest of such other director in the contract or variation shall also be sent to every member of the company with the abstract aforesaid.
(4) Where a director becomes concerned or interested as aforesaid in any such contract as is referred to in sub-section (1), (2) or (3) after it is made, the abstract and the memorandum, if any, referred to in the said sub-section shall be sent to every member of the company within twenty-one days from the date on which the director becomes so concerned or interested.
(5) If default is made in complying with the foregoing provisions of this section, the company, and every officer of the company who is in default, shall be punishable with fine which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
(6) All contracts entered into by a company for the appointment of a manager, managing director shall be kept at the registered office of the company; and shall be open to the inspection of any member of the company at such office; and extracts may be taken there from and copies thereof may be required by any such member, to the same extent, in the same manner and on payment of the same fee, as in the case of the register of members of the company; and the provisions of section 163 shall apply accordingly.
(7) The provisions of this section shall apply in relation to any resolution of the Board of directors of a company appointing a manager or a managing or whole-time director, or varying any previous contract or resolution of the company relating to the appointment of a manager or a managing or whole-time director, as they apply in relation to any contract for the like purpose.