- Legal Research
- Find a Lawyer
- Hall of Fame
- Professional Services
- Legal Consultation
- Legal Help
Sec 460 - Exercise and control of liquidators powers.
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the liquidator shall, in the administration of the assets of the company and the distribution thereof among its creditors, have regard to any directions which may be given by resolution of the creditors or contributories at any general meeting or by the committee of inspection.
(2) Any directions given by the creditors or contributories at any general meeting shall, in case of conflict, be deemed to override any directions given by the committee of inspection.
(3) The liquidator -
(a) may summon general meetings of the creditors or contributories, whenever he thinks fit, for the purpose of ascertaining their wishes ;
(b) shall summon such meetings at such times, as the creditors or contributories, as the case may be, may, by resolution, direct, or whenever requested in writing to do so by not less than one-tenth in value of the creditors or contributories, as the case may be.
(4) The liquidator may apply to the Court in the manner prescribed, if any, for directions in relation to any particular matter arising in the winding up.
(5) Subject to the provisions of this Act, liquidator shall use his own discretion in the administration of the assets of the company and in the distribution thereof among the creditors.
(6) Any person aggrieved by any act or decision of the liquidator may apply to the Court ; and the Court may confirm, reverse or modify the act or decision complained of, and make such further order as it thinks just in the circumstances.
The current Legal Luminaries of India, the credible names in the legal circle along with those who would be the leading stars of the next decade. These are some of the reliable names in field of law. Nominate the Legal Stars of tomorrow
Sudha Mishra vs. Surya Chandra Mishra( R.F.A 299 of 2014
The Hon'ble High Court of Delhi in Sudha Mishra vs. Surya Chandra Mishra (R.F.A 299 of 2014)has ruled that a woman has a right over the property of her husband but she cannot claim a right to live in the house of her parents-in-law
Helpline Law provides a user friendly compendium of Indian Law & Bare Acts. Get a complete list & detail of Indian Bare Acts, with amendments and repeals. It comes with easy-to-use features like Search by bare acts & by year. You can even email the information to yourself!