- Legal Research
- Find a Lawyer
- Hall of Fame
- Professional Services
- Legal Consultation
- Legal Help
Sec465 - Constitution and proceedings of committee of inspection.
(1) A committee of inspection appointed in pursuance of section 464 shall consist of not more than twelve members, being creditors and contributories of the company or persons holding general or special powers of attorney from creditors or contributories, in such proportions as may be agreed on by the meetings of creditors and contributories, or in case of difference of opinion between the meetings, as may be determined by the Court.
(2) The committee of inspection shall have the right to inspect the accounts of the liquidator at all reasonable times.
(3) The committee shall meet at such times as it may from time to time appoint, and the liquidator or any member of the committee may also call a meeting of the committee as and when he thinks necessary.
(4) The quorum for a meeting of the committee shall be one-third of the total number of the members, or two, whichever is higher.
(5) The committee may act by a majority of its members present at a meeting, but shall not act unless a quorum is present.
(6) A member of the committee may resign by notice in writing signed by him and delivered to the liquidator.
(7) If a member of the committee is adjudged an insolvent, or compounds or arranges with his creditors, or is absent from five consecutive meetings of the committee without the leave of those members who, together with himself, represent the creditors or contributories, as the case may be, his office shall become vacant.
(8) A member of the committee may be removed at a meeting of creditors if he represents creditors, or at a meeting of contributories if he represents contributories, by an ordinary resolution of which seven days notice has been given, stating the object of the meeting.
(9) On a vacancy occurring in the committee, the liquidator shall forthwith summon a meeting of creditors or of contributories, as the case may require, to fill the vacancy ; and the meeting may, by resolution, reappoint the same, or appoint another, creditor or contributory to fill the vacancy :
Provided that if the liquidator, having regard to the position in the winding up, is of the opinion that it is unnecessary for the vacancy to be filled, he may apply to the Court and the Court may make an order that the vacancy shall not be filled, or shall not be filled except in such circumstances as may be specified in the order.
(10) The continuing members of the committee, if not less than two, may act notwithstanding any vacancy in the committee.
The current Legal Luminaries of India, the credible names in the legal circle along with those who would be the leading stars of the next decade. These are some of the reliable names in field of law. Nominate the Legal Stars of tomorrow
Sudha Mishra vs. Surya Chandra Mishra( R.F.A 299 of 2014
The Hon'ble High Court of Delhi in Sudha Mishra vs. Surya Chandra Mishra (R.F.A 299 of 2014)has ruled that a woman has a right over the property of her husband but she cannot claim a right to live in the house of her parents-in-law
Helpline Law provides a user friendly compendium of Indian Law & Bare Acts. Get a complete list & detail of Indian Bare Acts, with amendments and repeals. It comes with easy-to-use features like Search by bare acts & by year. You can even email the information to yourself!