Sec 60 - Registration of prospectus.
(1) No prospectus shall be issued by or on behalf of a company or in relation to an intended company unless, on or before the date of its publication, there has been delivered to the Registrar for registration a copy thereof signed by every person who is named therein as a director or proposed director of the company or by his agent authorised in writing, and having endorsed thereon or attached thereto :
(a) any consent to the issue of the prospectus required by section 58 from any person as an expert ; and
(b) in the case of a prospectus issued generally, also :
(i) a copy of every contract required by clause 16 of Schedule II to be specified in the prospectus, or, in the case of a contract not reduced into writing, a memorandum giving full particulars thereof ; and
(ii) where the persons making any report required by Part II of that Schedule have made therein, or have, without giving the reasons, indicated therein, any such adjustments as are mentioned in clause 32 of that Schedule, a written statement signed by those persons setting out the adjustments and giving the reasons therefor.
(2) Every prospectus to which sub-section (1) applies shall, on the face of it,
(a) state that a copy has been delivered for registration as required by this section ; and
(b) specify any documents required by this section to be endorsed on or attached to the copy so delivered, or refer to statements included in the prospectus which specify those documents.
(3) The Registrar shall not register a prospectus unless the requirements of sections 55, 56, 57 and 58 and sub-sections (1) and (2) of this section have been complied with and the prospectus is accompanied by the consent in writing of the person, if any, named therein as the auditor, legal adviser, attorney, solicitor, banker or broker of the company or intended company, to act in that capacity.
(4) No prospectus shall be issued more than ninety days after the date on which a copy thereof is delivered for registration, and if a prospectus is so issued, it shall be deemed to be a prospectus a copy of which has not been delivered under this section to the Registrar.
(5) If a prospectus is issued without a copy thereof being delivered under this section to the Registrar or without the copy so delivered having endorsed thereon or attached thereto the required consent or documents, the company, and every person who is knowingly a party to the issue of the prospectus, shall be punishable with fine which may extend to fifty thousand rupees.