(1) The Designs Act, 1911 (2 of 1911) is hereby repealed.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions contained in the General Clauses Act, 1897 (10 of 1897) with respect to repeals, any notification, rule, order, requirement, registration, certificate, notice, decision, determination, direction, approval, authoristion, consent, application, request or thing made, issued, given or done under the Designs Act, 1911 (2 of 1911), shall, in force at the commencement of this Act, continue to be in force and have effect as if made, issued, given or done under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
(3) The provisions of this Act shall apply to all applications for registration of designs pending at the commencement of this Act and to any proceedings consequent thereon and to any registration granted in pursuance thereof.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, any proceeding pending in any court at the commencement of this Act may be continued in that court as if this Act has not been passed.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (2), the date of expiration of the copyright in the designs registered before the commencement of this Act shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, be the date immediately after the period of five years for which it was registered or the date immediately after the period of five years for which the extension of the period of copyright for a second period from the expiration of the original period has been made.
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice in India abroad regarding their individual legal, civil criminal issues or consult one of the experts online.