(1) The Central Government may, on a request received in this behalf from the State Government or Governments concerned or otherwise, by notification in the Official Gazette, establish a Board of Management for a State" or two or more contiguous States, if no State Food Corporation is functioning in such State or States.
(2) The head office of the Board of Management shall be at such place as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify,
(3) The Board of Management shall consist of-
(a) A Chairman to be appointed by the Board of directors of the Food Corporation of India;
(b) The senior most executive officer of the said Corporation employed at the head office of the Board of Management; and
(c) Not more than ten other members to be appointed by the board of directors of the said Corporation.
(4) The members of a Board of Management referred to in clauses (a) and (c) of sub-section (3) shall hold office for a term of two years and shall be eligible for reappointment and the other terms and conditions of their appointment shall be such as may be prescribed.
(5) The Board of Management shall advise the Corporation on such matters as may be generally or specifically referred to it and shall perform such other functions as the Corporation may delegate to it.
(6) The provisions of sections 20, 21 and 25 shall, so far as may be apply in relation to the members of a Board of Management as they apply in relation to the members of the board of directors of a State Food Corporation.
Provided that the reference to the General Manager in clause (e) of section 20 shall be construed as a reference to the officer of the Corporation referred to in clause (b) of sub-section (3).
(7) The Food Corporation of India may, after consultation with a Board of Management, appoint such staff as it considers necessary to enable that Board to perform its functions under this Act.
(8) The Board of Management may, by order in writing, authorise any one or more of its members to exercise and perform, subject to such conditions and limitations, if any, as may be specified in the order, such of its powers and functions as it may think fit.
(9) The Board of Management shall follow such procedure as may be provided by regulations made by the Food Corporation of India under this Act.
(10) Where a Board of Management has been established-
(i) For a State, or
(ii) For two or more States, then such Board shall stand dissolved-
(a) In the case referred to in clause (i), on the establishment of a Food Corporation for that State, and
(b) In the case referred to in clause (ii), on the establishment of such Corporation for any one or more of such States.
(11) Where a Board of Management stands dissolved under clause (b) of sub-section (10), the Central Government may establish a new Board of Management for the State or States for which no Food Corporation has been established.
(12) The expenses of the Board of Management in the discharge of its functions under this Act shall be met by the Food Corporation of India.
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice in India abroad regarding their individual legal, civil criminal issues or consult one of the experts online.