THE KHUDA BAKHSH ORIENTAL PUBLIC LIBRARY ACT, 1969
Search Chronologically :
THE KHUDA BAKHSH ORIENTAL PUBLIC LIBRARY ACT, 1969
Title : THE KHUDA BAKHSH ORIENTAL PUBLIC LIBRARY ACT, 1969
Year : 1969
For the purposed of enabling the Board to discharge its functions efficiently under this Act, the Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay too the Board in each financial year such sums of money as that government considers necessary by was of grant, loan or otherwise.
(1) The Board shall maintain a Fund to which shall be credited -
(a) All moneys paid by the Central Government;
(b) Such sums of moneys as the State Government may pay annually having regard to its resolution No. V/I.4055/60E 120, dated the 26th September, 1962 ;
(c) All fees an other charge levied under this Act;
(d) All moneys received by the Board by way of grant, gift donation, benefaction, bequest, subscription, contribution or transfer;
(e) All other moneys received by the Board in any other manner or from nay other source.
(2) The Board may expend such sums as it thinks fir for performing its functions under this Act and such sums shall be treated as expenditure payable out of the Fund.
(3) A sum of money not exceeding such amount as may be provided by regulations made under this Act may be kept in current account with any scheduled bank as defined in section 2 of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 (2 of 1934.), or any other bank approved by the Central Government in this behalf, but any moneys in excess of that sum shall be deposited in the Reserve Bank of India or with the agents of the Reserve Bank of India or invested in such manner as may be approved by the Central Government.
(1) The Board shall, by such date in each year as may be specified by the Central Government, submit to as for approval a budget for the next financial year in the form specified by it, showing the estimated receipts and expenditure, and the sums which would be required from the Central Government during that financial year.
(2) If any sum granted by the Central Government remains wholly or partly unspent in any financial year, the unspent sum may be carried forward to the next financial year and taken into account in determining the sum to provided by the Central Government for that year.
(3) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (4), no sum shall be expended by or on behalf of the Board unless the expenditure is covered by provision in the budget approved by the Central Government.
(4) Subject to such conditions and restrictions as the Central Government may think fit to impose, the Board may sanction any re-appropriation from one head of expenditure to another or from a provision made for one purpose to that for another purpose.
(1) The Board shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts including the balance-sheet in such form as may be specified, and in accordance with such general directions as may be issued by the Central Government in consolation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) The accounts of the Board shall be audited annually by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and nay expenditure incurred by him in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Board to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor-General Of India and any person appointed by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of the Board shall have the same rights, privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India has the connection with the audit of Government accounts, and, in particular shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts Connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect the office of the Board, and the library.
(4) The accounts of the Board as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf, together with the audit report thereon, shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.
(1) The Board shall furnish to the Central Government at such time and in such form and tin such manner as the Central Government may direct such returns, statements and particulars as the Central Government may, from time, acquire.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1) the Board, as soon as possible after the commencement of each financial year, submit to the Central Government within such time as may be specified by the Central Government a report giving true and full account of the activities of the Board during the previous financial year and an account of activities likely to be undertaken during the current financial year.
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice in India abroad regarding their individual legal, civil criminal issues or consult one of the experts online.