THE ORPHANAGES AND OTHER CHARITABLE HOMES (SUPERVISION AND CONTROL)
Title : THE ORPHANAGES AND OTHER CHARITABLE HOMES (SUPERVISION AND CONTROL) Year : 1962
MANAGEMENT OF RECOGNISED HOMES
20. Managing committee. (1) There shall be a managing committee in charge of the management of every recognised home and the members of the managing committee shall appoint a member thereof to be the manager of such home for the purposes of this Act.
(2) The constitution, powers and functions of the managing com-
mittee and the term of office of the members thereof shall be such as may be provided in the constitution pertaining to such home.
21.Duty of manager.
21. Duty of manager. It shall be the duty of the manager to comply with all the requirements of this Act and the rules, regulations, directions and orders thereunder in respect of every woman or child admitted into the recognised home until the woman is rehabilitated or the child completes the age of eighteen years or until the certificate ceases to have effect.
22.Discharge of inmates of home.
22. Discharge of inmates of home. (1) Subject to the regulations, if any, made by the Board, if the managing committee of a home is satisfied that an inmate of the home has become fit to earn his or her livelihood or is otherwise fit to be discharged from the home, the manager may discharge such inmate.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), no female inmate of a home shall be discharged or given in marriage or entrusted to the care of any other person unless such female has made a declaration before the Board or an officer specified by it in this behalf that she consents to such discharge, marriage or entrustment, as the case may be, and, if the inmate to be given in marriage is a minor, unless the Board or officer, as the case may be, has, after recording the reasons in writing, given its or his approval thereto.
23.Reports regarding deaths of inmates.
23. Reports regarding deaths of inmates. The manager shall, immediately after the occurrence of any death among the inmates of the home, send a written report thereof to the Board explaining the cause of death to the best of his knowledge.
Last updated on May, 2015