Title : THE ORPHANAGES AND OTHER CHARITABLE HOMES (SUPERVISION AND CONTROL) Year : 1962
REORGANISATION OF BOMBAY STATE
3.Formation of Gujarat State.
3. Formation of Gujarat State. (1) As from the appointed day, there shall be formed a new State to be known as the State of Gujarat comprising the following territories of the State of Bombay, namely:--
(a) Banaskantha, Mehsana, Sabarkantha, Ahmedabad, Kaira, Panch-mahals, Baroda, Broach, Surat, Dangs, Amreli, Surendranagar, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Bhavnagar and Kutch districts; and
(b) the villages in Umbergaon taluka of Thana district, the villages in Nawapur and Nandurbar talukas of West
Khandesh district and the villages in Akkalkuwa and
Taloda talukas of West Khandesh district, respectively specified in Parts I, II and III of the First Schedule;
and thereupon, the said territories shall cease to form part of the
State of Bombay, and the residuary State of Bombay shall be known as the State of Maharashtra.
(2) The villages in Umbergaon taluka specified in Part I of the
First Schedule shall form a separate taluka of the same name and be included in Surat district, and the remaining villages in the said taluka shall be included in, and form part of, Dahanu taluka of Thana district; and the villages specified in Parts II and III of the First
Schedule shall respectively be included in, and form part of, Songadh taluka of Surat district and Sagbara taluka of Broach district.
4.Amendment of the first Schedule to the Constitution.
4. Amendment of the first Schedule to the Constitution. As from the appointed day, in the First Schedule to the Constitution, under the heading "1. THE STATES",--
(a) for entry 4, the following entry shall be substituted, namely:--
"4. Gujarat . . The territories referred to in sub-section
(1) of section 3 of the Bombay
Reorganisation Act, 1960.";
579.(b) after entry 7, the following entry shall be inserted, namely:--
"8. Maharashtra . The territories specified in sub-section
(1) of section 8 of the States
Reorganisation Act, 1956, but excluding the territories referred to in sub-
section (1) of section 3 of the Bombay
Reorganisation Act, 1960"; and
(c) entries 8 to 14 shall be renumbered as entries 9 to 15.respectively.
5.Saving powers of State Government.
5. Saving powers of State Government. Nothing in the foregoing provisions of this Part shall be deemed to affect the power of the
State Government to alter, after the appointed day, the name, extent or boundaries of any district, taluka or village in the State.
REPRESENTATION IN THE LEGISLATURES
Last updated on May, 2015