Title : THE OUDH LAWS ACT, 1876 Year : 1876
39.Power to make rules.
39. Power to make rules. The State Government may, from time to time, 1*** make rules consistent with this Act as to--
(a) the discipline and remuneration of the village and road-
police and the regulation of their number, location and duties;
(b) the disposal of unclaimed property under Act No. 5 of
1861 (for the regulation of police), sections 25, 26.and 27;
(c) public health and conservancy at fairs and other large public assemblies, and the maintenance of a proper watch and ward at such fairs and assemblies;
(d) imposing 2*** taxes for those purposes only;
3*[(e) the keeping and custody of civil, criminal and revenue records.]
4* * * * *
Publication of rules.
40. Publication of rules. All rules made by the State Government under section 39, and all rules made by the 5*[High Court] under section 27, shall be published in the Official Gazette, and shall thereupon have the force of law.
41.Continuance of prior rules as to matters for which rules may be madeunder the
41. [Continuance of prior rules as to matters for which rules may be made under the Act.] Rep. by the Repealing and Amending Act, 1891.(12 of 1891).
42.Penalty for breach of rules.
42. Penalty for breach of rules. Whoever breaks any rule made or continued under this Act, not being a rule made by the 5*[High Court], shall, on conviction before a Magistrate, be punishable with fine which may extend to fifty rupees, or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to six months, or with both.
1. The words "with the previous sanction of the G. G. in C." rep. by
Act 14 of 1878, s. 5.2. The words "with the previous sanction of the G. G. in C." rep. by the A. O. 1937.3. Subs., ibid., for the original cl. (e).
4. Cl. (f) was omitted by the A. O. 1937, cl. (g) relating to s. 25.of this Act was omitted by the Oudh Rent Act, 1886, Amendment Act,
1901 (U. P. 4 of 1901). The proviso was omitted by the A. O. 1937.5. Subs. by the A. O. 1950, for "Chief Court".
Last updated on May, 2015