In every plantation effective arrangements shall be made by the employer to provide and maintain at convenient places in the plantation a sufficient supply of wholesale drinking water for all workers.
(1) There shall be provided separately for makes and females in every plantation a sufficient number of latrines and urinals of prescribed type so situated as to be convenient and accessible to workers employed therein.
(2) All latrines and urinals provided under sub-section (1) shall be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition.
(1) In every plantation there shall be provided and maintained so as to be readily available such medical facilities for the workers 1*[and their families] as may be prescribed by the State Government.
(2) If in any plantation medical facilities are not provided and maintained as required by sub-section (1) the 2*[State Government upon a request by the chief inspector] may cause to be provided and maintained therein such medical facilities, and recover the cost thereof from the defaulting employer.
(3) For the purposes of such recovery the chief inspector may certify the costs to be recovered to the collector, who may recover the amount as an arrear of land-revenue.
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice in India abroad regarding their individual legal, civil criminal issues or consult one of the experts online.