Indian Bare Acts

Search Alphabatically :



Year : 1909

(1) Where the Court is satisfied by affidavit or otherwise, or the official assignee reports to the Court, that the property of an insolvent is not likely to exceed in value three thousand rupees or such other less amount as may be prescribed, the Court may make an order that the insolvents estate be administered in a summary manner, and thereupon the provisions of this Act shall be subject to the following modifications, namely:--

(a) No appeal shall lie from any order of the Court, except by leave of the Court;

(b) No examination of the insolvent shall be held except on the application of a creditor or the official assignee;

(c) The estate shall, where practicable, be distributed in a single dividend;

(d) Such other modifications as may be prescribed with the view of saving expense and simplifying procedure:

that nothing in this section shall permit the modification of the provisions of this Act relating to the discharge of the insolvent.

(2) The Court may at any time, if it thinks fit, revoke an order for the summary administration of an insolvents estate.
Last updated on June, 2016

Find a Lawyer

Legal Hall of Fame

The current Legal Luminaries of India, the credible names in the legal circle along with those who would be the leading stars of the next decade. These are some of the reliable names in field of law. Nominate the Legal Stars of tomorrow


Recent Judgment

Sudha Mishra vs. Surya Chandra Mishra( R.F.A 299 of 2014

The Hon'ble High Court of Delhi in Sudha Mishra vs. Surya Chandra Mishra (R.F.A 299 of 2014)has ruled that a woman has a right over the property of her husband but she cannot claim a right to live in the house of her parents-in-law


Bare Acts

Helpline Law provides a user friendly compendium of Indian Law & Bare Acts. Get a complete list & detail of Indian Bare Acts, with amendments and repeals. It comes with easy-to-use features like Search by bare acts & by year. You can even email the information to yourself!


Have a Legal Matter ?
Need a Lawyer?

Have a Legal Matter ?

Need a Lawyer?