(i) All properties, funds and dues which are vested in, or realisable by, the trustees of the library constituted by the deed of trust, in their capacity as such, shall vest in, and be realisable by,the Board; and
(ii) All liabilities in relation to the library, which are enforceable against the said trustees, shall be enforceable only against the Board.
(2) All properties, which may, after the establishment of the Board, be given, bequeathed or otherwise transferred to the library or acquired by the Board, shall vest in the Board.
(1) Subject to the provisions of the deed of trust, it shall be the general duty of the Board to manage the library and to plan, promote, organise and implement programmes for the development of the library on modern scientific lines (including provision of adequate facilities for preservation and photo duplication of rare manuscripts) and to perform such other functions as the Central Government may, from time to time, assign to the Board.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the fore going provisions, the Board may take such steps as it thinks fit-
(a) To provide for instruction and research in matters relating to libraries and for the advancement of learning and dissemination of knowledge in such matters;
(b) To protect, enlarge and improve the collections in the library;
(c) To promote study and research and to provide facilities to scholars for this purpose;
(d) To do all such other things as may be necessary for the discharge of its functions under this Act.
(1) Subject to such conditions and restrictions as the Central Government may think fit to impose, the Board may exercise all such powers as may be necessary or expedient for the purpose of carrying out its functions and duties under this Act.
(2) Subject to such regulations as may be made by the Board in this behalf, the Board may, from time to time, purchase or otherwise acquire such manuscripts, books, articles or things as may, in the opinion of the Board, be worthy of preservation in the library.
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice in India abroad regarding their individual legal, civil criminal issues or consult one of the experts online.