Year : 1949
ACT NO. 20 OF 1949
[14th April, 1949.]
An Act to assimilate certain laws in force in different parts of the West Godavari District of the Province of Madras.
WHEREAS by virtue of the Madras Partially Excluded Area (Cesser) Order, 1948, made under section 91 of the Government of India Act, 1935, the area comprised in the villages specified in Article 2 of the said Order ceased, as from the 1st day of July, 1948, to be part of a partially excluded area in the West Godavari district of the Province of Madras;
AND WHEREAS it is expedient that the laws in force in the said area with respect to the matters enumerated in List I in the Seventh Schedule to the Government of India Act, 1935, (25 and 26 Geo. 5, c. 2.) should be assimilated to the laws in force with respect to the said matters in the rest of the said district;
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
(2) All laws which immediately before the appointed day are in force in the scheduled area, but not in the Eluru Taluk, shall on that day cease to be in force in the scheduled area, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before that day.
A. Villages in Polavaram Firka—
5. Mangiparthi Devipeta.
14. Tadipudi (Gutala part).
15. Tadipudi (Pattisam part).
16. Ragolapalli (Gutala part).
17. Ragolapalli (Pattisam part).
B. Villages in Zangareddigudem Firka—
1. Saripalli (Zamindari).
2. Zangareddigudem (Zamindari).
3. Vedantapuram (Inam).
4. Ramanujapuram (Inam).
6. Bayyangudem (Zamindari).
8. Sreenivasapuram (Inam).
9. Pullepudi (Inam).
C. Villages in Jeelugumilli Firka-
5. Ayyavari (Polavaram) (Inam).