Part XIII Transitional and Final ProvisionsArticle 67
1. The new institutions of the Republic provided for under this Constitution shall be set up progressively.
2. While the institutions are being set up and until such time that they are set up, the existing institutions of the Republic shall remain in place and shall continue to function:
- The incumbent President of the Republic shall remain in office until the end of his current term, subject to the implementation of the provisions of Article 6 (4) of this Constitution;
- The Members of Parliament of the National Assembly shall remain in office until the end of their current term, subject to the implementation of the provisions of Article 8 (12) above.
3. The National Assembly shall exercise full legislative power and enjoy all Parliamentary prerogatives until the Senate is set up.
4. The Supreme Court shall perform the duties of the Constitutional Council until the latter is set up.
5. The territorial organization of the State shall remain unchanged until the Regions are set up.Article 68
The legislation applicable in the Federal State of Cameroon and in the Federated States on the date of entry into force of this Constitution shall remain in force insofar as it is not repugnant to this Constitution, and as long as it is not amended by subsequent laws and regulations.Article 69
This law shall be registered and published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Cameroon in English and French and implemented as the Constitution of the Republic of Cameroon.