CHAPTER I THE STATEMENTS Article 59.-
The human person is the supreme purpose of the society and the State. All have an obligation to respect and protect. The dignity of human beings is inviolable. To guarantee the rights and freedoms recognized in this Constitution, created the Institution of the National Commissioner of Human Rights. The organization, the prerogative and powers of the National Commissioner of Human Rights will be the subject of a special law .
* Amended by Decree 191/1994 and ratified by Decree No. 2/1995.Article 60.
- All men are born free and equal in rights. In Honduras no privileged classes. All Hondurans are equal before the law.
Declares punishable any discrimination on grounds of sex, race, class and any other injurious to human dignity.
The Law will establish the offenses and penalties for violators of this precept .Article 61.-
The Constitution guarantees to hondurans and foreigners resident in the country, the right to the sanctity of life, to the individual security, to freedom, equality before the law and property.Article 62.
- The rights of man are limited by the rights of others, by the security of all and by the just demands of the general welfare and the advancement of democracy.Article 63.
- statements, rights and guarantees that lists this Constitution, will not be included as a denial of other statements, rights and guarantees not specified, born of the sovereignty of the republican form, democratic and representative of government and the dignity of man.Article 64.-
Do not apply laws and provisions governmental or any other order, to regulate the exercise of the declarations, rights and guarantees established in this Constitution, if the decrease, restrict or misrepresented.
CHAPTER II FOR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTSArticle 65.-
The right to life is inviolable.Article 66.-
prohibits the death penalty.Article 67.
- To which it is by birth will be considered born for everything that he favors within the limits set by law.Article 68.-
everyone has the right to respect its physical, mental and moral.
No one should be subjected to torture, or penalties or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment.
All persons deprived of liberty shall be treated with respect due to the dignity inherent in human beings.Article 69.-
personal freedom is inviolable and only under the laws may be restricted or temporarily suspended.Article 70.
- All hondurans have the right to do what it does not affect another and nobody is obliged to do what is legally prescribed or prevented from running what the Law does not prohibit.
No person shall be justice by itself, or exercising violence to claim their right.
No personal service is required, nor should be free of charge, but under law or judgment based on Law.Article 71.
- Any person may be detained or imprisoned for more than 24 hours, without being put to the order of competent authority for his trial.
The judicial detention to enquire may not exceed six days from the moment in which produces the same.Article 72.-
Is free the issuance of the thought by any means of disseminating, without prior censorship. They are responsible to the law that abuse this right and those who, by means direct or indirect restrict or prevent the communication and circulation of ideas and opinions.Article 73.
- printing, the radio stations electrical, television and other means of emission and dissemination of ideas, as well as all its elements, may not be confiscated or confiscated, nor closed or interrupted their work on the grounds of crime or lack in the issuance of thought, without prejudice to the responsibilities in which it is incurred on these grounds in accordance with the law.
No company dissemination of ideas may receive grants from governments or foreign political parties. The Law will establish the sanction that corresponds to the violation of this precept.
The address of the newspapers print, radio and television, and the intellectual guidance, political and administrative of the same, it will be conducted exclusively by hondurans by birth .Article 74.-
may not be restricted the right of issuing the thought by indirect methods or means, such as the abuse of official controls or individuals of the material used for printing of newspapers; of the frequencies or belongings or apparatus used to disseminate information.Article 75.-
The Law governing the issuance of thought, may establish prior censorship, to protect the ethical and cultural values of society, as well as the rights of persons, especially for children, adolescents and youth.
The commercial propaganda of alcoholic beverages and tobacco use will be regulated by law.Article 76.-
guarantees the right to honor, to personal privacy , family and self-image.Article 77.
- guarantees the free exercise of all religions and cults without pre-eminence, provided they do not contravene the laws and public order.
The ministers of the various religions, may not hold public office or in any form political propaganda, on grounds of religion or using, as a means to that end, of religious beliefs of the people.Article 78.
- Are guaranteed freedoms of association and assembly provided that they are not contrary to public order and to the morality.Article 79.-
everyone has the right to meet with other, peacefully and unarmed, in public demonstration or assembly, in connection with their common interests of any kind, without the need to notice or special permit.
The outdoor meetings and the political in nature may be subject to a system of special permission for the sole purpose of ensuring public order.Article 80.
- Any person or persons association has the right to submit requests to the authorities either on the grounds of particular interest or general and to obtain a prompt response in the legal limit.Article 81.-
everyone has the right to freedom of movement, leave, enter and remain in the national territory.
Nobody can be forced to move of domicile or residence, but in the special cases, with the requirements that the Law said.Article 82.
- The right of defense is inviolable.
The inhabitants of the Republic have free access to the courts to exercise their stock in the form that brought the laws.Article 83.
- Corresponds to the State appoint attorneys for the defense of the poor and to ensure the people and the interests of children and incapable. Give them legal assistance and represent judicially in defense of their individual freedom and other rights.Article 84.
- nobody may be arrested or detained but under mandate writing of competent authority, issued with the legal formalities and by reason previously established in the law.
However, the offender in-flagrante may be apprehended by any person for the sole purpose of surrender to the authority.
The arrested or detained must be informed in the act and with any clarity of their rights and the facts that he is charged; and in addition, the authority to be enable communicate his detention to a relative or person of your choice.Article 85.-
Any person can be arrested or detained but in places as determined by law.Article 86.-
Every person on trial, which is being detained , has the right to remain separate from those who have been condemned by judgment.Article 87.
- prisons are establishments of security and social defense. Efforts will be in them the rehabilitation of detained and their preparation for the work.Article 88.
- There will be No violence or coercion of any kind on people to force or declare.
No one can be compelled to issue-criminal, disciplinary or police, to testify against itself, against your spouse or partner of home, not against their relatives in the fourth degree of consanguinity or second of affinity.
Only will test the statement given to a competent judge .
Any statement obtained in violation of any of these provisions, is null and void and those responsible incur penalties that established by law.Article 89.-
Every person is innocent until it has declared its responsibility by competent authority.Article 90.-
Nobody can be tried but by judge or court with the formalities, rights and guarantees that the Law provides .
Recognizes the jurisdiction of war for the crimes and offenses of military order. In any case, the military courts may extend its jurisdiction on people who are not in active service in the Armed Forces.
* Interpreted by Decree 58/1993
* Amended by Decree 189/1985Article 91.-
When in a crime or lack of military order was involved a civilian or military low, try the case the competent authority of the ordinary.
* Amended by Decree 189/1985Article 92.-
may not be provided for imprisonment without appropriate full of having committed a crime or offense that worth of deprivation of liberty, and without a rational indication of who is the author.
In the same way will be the declaration of prisoner.Article 93.
- Even with auto imprisonment, any person can be taken to prison or detained in it, if given sufficient guarantee in accordance with the law.Article 94.
- anyone penalty without having been heard and expired at trial, and without that it has been imposed by enforceable judgment of Judge or authority.
In cases of constraint and other measures of the same nature in civil matters or labor, as well as in the fine or arrest in the field of police, always must be heard the affected.Article 95.-
No person shall be punishable by not previously established by law, and may not be tried again by the same punishable acts that led previous prosecutions.Article 96.-
The Law does not have retroactive effect, except in criminal matters when the new law favors the offender or prosecuted.Article 97.-
nobody may be sentenced to infamous, proscritivas or confiscatory.
It provides a penalty of deprivation of liberty in perpetuity. The criminal law determine its application for those crimes in the commission of which circumstances serious, offensive and degrading treatment, which by its impact cause shock, rejection, outrage and revulsion at the national community.
The custodial sentences for simple offenses and the accumulated by several offenses are fixed in the Criminal Law.
* Amended by Decree 46/1997 and ratified by Decree No. 258/1998.Article 98.-
Any person may be detained, arrested or dam by obligations that are not come from crime or lack.Article 99.-
homes are inviolable. No income or registration can be verified without the consent of the person who inhabits or resolution of competent authority. However, it may be paved, in case of urgency, to prevent the commission or impunity for crimes or avoid serious damage to the person or property.
Except for the emergency cases, the raid of the home cannot be verified of six o'clock in the afternoon at six o'clock in the morning, without incurring liability.
The Law will determine the requirements and formalities for that takes place the admission, registration or burglary, as well as the responsibilities it may incur who carried out.Article 100.-
everyone has the right to the inviolability and the secrecy of communications, in particular of postal, telegraph and telephone , except judicial resolution.
The books and vouchers of traders and the personal documents, only are subject to inspection or control of the competent authority, in accordance with the law.
Communications, books, records and documents referred to in this article, which are violated or be, will not make faith in trial.
In any case, it will be saved if the secrecy in respect of the matters strictly private that they have no relation to the subject matter of the action of the authority.Article 101.-
Honduras recognizes the right of asylum in the form and conditions established by law.
When appropriate in accordance with the Law revoked or not to grant asylum, in any case is ejected the pursued political or to the refugee, to the territory of the State that can claim.
The State does not allow the extradition of criminals for political offenses and related common.Article 102.
- No honduran may be expatriate nor delivered by the authorities to a foreign State.Article 103.-
The State recognizes, promotes and ensures the existence of private property in its broader concept of social function and without limitations than those who for reasons of necessity or the public interest Law.Article 104.-
The right of ownership does not harm the eminent domain of the State.Article 105.-
prohibits the confiscation of property. The property cannot be limited in any way because of political crime.
The right to claim the confiscated property is imprescriptible.Article 106.-
Nobody can be deprived of their property but because of necessity or public interest qualified by the law or by resolution based on law, and without compensation justipreciada.
In case of war or internal unrest, is not indispensable that compensation is after, but the payment will be given, not later than two years after the completion of the state of emergency.Article 107.-
The land of the State, ejidal, communal or private property , located in the area adjacent to the neighboring States, or on the coast of both seas, in an extension of forty (40) kilometers inland from the country, and those of the islands, islets, reefs, escolladeros, square, sirtes and sand banks, may only be acquired in domain, owned and taken to any title, by hondurans of birth, by integrated companies in full, by partners hondurans by birth and by the State institutions under penalty of invalidity of the respective act or contract. It apart those cases of acquisitions of domain, of possession in the coastline of both seas, in the islands, islets, reefs, escolladeros, square, sirtes and sand banks, when they are designed to projects for tourism development, duly approved by the Executive Branch in accordance with a Special Law.
Are also excused from this provision, the urban property within the limit specified in the previous pórrafo; whose domain, possession and tenecia will be purpose of a special legislation.
It prohibits property registrars the registration of documents that contravene these provisions.
* Amended by Decree 294/1998Article 108.-
Any author, inventor, producer or trader shall enjoy the exclusive ownership of their work, invention, mark or trade name, according to the law.Article 109.
- taxes shall not be confiscatory.
No one is obliged to pay taxes and other taxes which have not been legally decreed by the National Congress, in regular sessions .
No authority apply provisions in contravention to this precept without incurring the responsibility to determine the Law.Article 110.-
Any person with free to manage their property, can be deprived of the right to complete its civil affairs by transaction or arbitration.
CHAPTER III THE SOCIAL RIGHTSArticle 111.-
The family, marriage, motherhood and childhood are under the protection of the State.Article 112.-
recognizes the right of men and women, who have the quality of such of course, to marry among themselves, as well as the legal equality of spouses.
It is only valid civil marriage held before competent official and with the conditions required by law.
Recognizes the de facto union between the people equally capable for marriage . The Law brought the conditions for which it takes the effects of marriage .
It prohibits marriage and the union of done between persons of the same sex .
The marriages or de facto unions between persons of the same sex concluded or recognized under the laws of other countries will have no validity in Honduras.
* Reformed by Decree 176/2004 and ratified by Decree No. 36/2005Article 113.-
recognizes the divorce as a means of dissolution of marriage .
The law shall regulate its causes and effects.Article 114.
- All children have the same rights and duties.
Do not recognize qualifications of the nature of the parentage. In any registration or documents concerning the affiliation shall be entered any statement differentiating births or pointing to the state of parents.Article 115.-
authorizing the investigation of paternity. The Law will determine the procedure.Article 116.-
recognizes the right of adoption to the people united by the marriage or in fact.
It prohibits in adoption boys or girls to marriages or de facto unions formed by the same sex.
The law shall regulate this institution.
* Reformed by Decree 176/2004 and ratified by Decree No. 36/2005Article 117.-
seniors deserve special protection of the State.Article 118.
- family heritage will be subject to a special legislation to protect and promote.
CHAPTER IV OF THE RIGHTS OF CHILDRENArticle 119.-
The State has the obligation to protect children .
Children shall enjoy the protection provided by international agreements that are responsible for their rights.
The laws for the protection of children are in the public and official establishments intended for this purpose has the character of welfare centers.Article 120.-
minors, weak physically or mentally , the irregular conduct, orphans and abandoned, are subject to a special legislation for rehabilitation, monitoring and protection according to the case.Article 121.-
parents are obliged to feed, assist and educate their children during the minority, and in other cases in which legally appropriate.
The State provide special protection to children whose parents or guardians are unable economically to provide for his upbringing and education.
These parents or guardians enjoy preference, for the performance of public office in similar circumstances of suitability.Article 122.-
The Law will establish the jurisdiction and the special courts do not sit in the affairs of family and children .
Do not allow the entry of a less than 18 years to a jail or prison
* Paragraph 2 interpreted as Decree 41/1995Article 123.-
Every child shall enjoy the benefits of the social security and education.
Have the right to grow and develop in good health, for which must be provided, both to him and his mother, special care from the prenatal period, taking right to enjoy food, housing, education, recreation, sports and adequate medical services.Article 124.-
Every child should be protected against any form of neglect, cruelty and exploitation. It will not be subject to any type of treatment.
No need to work before an appropriate minimum age, nor shall be allowed to be devoted to occupation or employment which can damage their health, education, or to prevent its physical, mental or moral.
Prohibits the use of minors by their parents and other people, for acts of begging.
The Law brought the penalties for those who engage in violation of this precept.Article 125.-
The media should cooperate in training and education of the child.Article 126.-
Every child should in any circumstances, among the first to receive relief, protection and relief.
CHAPTER V LaborArticle 127.-
everyone has the right to work, to freely choose their occupation and to relinquish it to equitable conditions and satisfactory work and the protection against unemployment.Article 128.-
laws governing relations between employers and workers are public. Are null and void acts, stipulations or conventions that involve the waiver, reduce, restrict or circumvent the following guarantees:
1. The day during the day ordinary working not exceed eight hours a day, nor of forty-four a week.
The evening classes ordinary working not exceed six hours a day , nor of thirty-six a week.
The day mixed ordinary working not exceed seven hours a day or Forty-two a week.
All these days be remunerated on a salary equal to the forty-eight hours of work. The remuneration for work done in overtime will be under what the Law.
These provisions do not apply in cases of emergency, very qualified, that the Law bring.
2. To any worker may require the performance of work to be extended to more than 12 hours in each period of 24 hours successive, except in cases qualified by the law.
3. To work equal pay for equal without any discrimination , provided that the post, the day and the conditions of efficiency and service time also are equal.
The wages be paid with legal tender.
4. The appropriations in favor of the workers for salaries, allowances and other social benefits, will be uniquely privileged, in accordance with the law.
5. Every worker has the right to earn a minimum wage, fixed periodically with intervention by the State, employers and workers sufficient to cover the normal needs of your home , in their material and cultural, in response to the modalities of each work, to the particular conditions of each region and in each work, the cost of living, to the suitability of workers and to pay systems of the companies.
It was also brought a minimum wage professional in those activities in the same was not covered by a contract or collective bargaining agreement.
The minimum wage is exempt from embargo, compensation and deductions, except as provided by law in response to family obligations and trade union worker.
6. The employer is bound to comply and make that are met in the facilities of its establishments, the legal provisions on hygiene and safety, taking the appropriate security measures at work, which can prevent the occupational hazards and ensure the physical and mental health of the workers.
Under the same scheme are subject employers of farms will establish a special protection for women and minors.
7. The age of 10 and six years and that have fulfilled that age and remain subject to the education under the national legislation , may not be employed in any form of work.
However, the labor authorities may authorize its occupation when they consider essential for the livelihood of the themselves, their parents or their brothers and provided that this does not obstruct comply with the compulsory education.
For children under 17 years the day of work to be during the day, may not exceed six hours or 30 per week, in any kind of work.
8. The worker is entitled to enjoy every year for a period of paid vacation, whose length and opportunity will be regulated by law.
In any case, the worker is entitled to payment in cash for traveling caused and the proportion for the period worked.
The holidays may not be offset by money, no accumulate and patron is obliged to grant the worker and to enjoy them.
The law shall regulate these obligations and bring the cases of exception allowed to accumulate and compensate holidays.
9. Workers are entitled to leave with pay on holidays to bring the Law. This determined the kind of work in not governed this provision but in these cases, workers are entitled to extra remuneration.
10. Recognizes the right of workers to the payment of the seventh day; the permanent workers receive, in addition, the payment of the thirteenth month in concept of bonuses. The law shall regulate the modalities and manner of implementation of these provisions.
11. The woman has the right to rest before and after childbirth, without loss of their work or of their wages. In the period of breastfeeding is entitled to a rest day to breastfeed their children. The employer may not give terminated the contract of work of pregnant women or after childbirth, without checking a just cause to a competent judge in the cases and conditions stipulated by the law.
12. Employers are required to compensate workers for accidents and illnesses, in accordance with the law.
13. Recognizes the right to strike and unemployment. The law shall regulate their exercise and may submit to special restrictions on public services to be determined.
14. The workers and employers have the right, according to law, to associate freely for the sole purpose of its economic activity-social, organizing unions or professional associations.
15. The State guardianship individual and collective, concluded between employers and workers.Article 129.-
The Law guarantees the stability of the workers in their jobs, according to the characteristics of industries and professions and the just causes of separation. When the unjustified dismissal takes effect and strong conviction and sentence respective, the employee is entitled to his election to a remuneration in concepts of wages left to perceive a title for damage , and legal compensation and conventionally provided: or to be reinstated to work with the recognition of wages left to perceive, a title for damages.Article 130.-
recognizes the worker to address a legal situation similar to that of other workers taking account of the particularities of its work.Article 131.-
domestic workers will be covered by social legislation. Those who provide services of domestic nature in industrial enterprises, trade, social and other comparable, will be considered as manual laborers and will have the rights recognized them. Article 132.-
The law shall regulate the contract of workers in agriculture, livestock and forestry; land transport , air, sea and waterways and railways; of the activities oil and mining; of the employees of trade and of those who are carried out within particular procedures.Article 133.-
workers independent intellectuals and the result of its activity should be the subject of a protective legislation.Article 134.-
remain under the jurisdiction of the work , all the legal disputes arising in the relationship between employers and workers. The Law will establish the rules pertaining to such jurisdiction and the agencies that have to put them into practice.Article 135.-
labor laws be inspired by the harmony between the capital and labor as factors of production.
The State must protect the rights of workers, and at the same time protecting the capital and the employer.Article 136.-
The worker can participate in the utilities or profits from their employer, but never assume their risks or losses.Article 137.-
on equal terms, the honduran workers will have the preference on foreign workers.
It prohibits employers employing less than 90 percent of workers hondurans and pay them less than 80 and five percent of total wages earned in their respective companies. Both proportions can be modified in exceptional cases determined by law.Article 138.-
In order to make effective guarantees and labor laws, the State monitor and inspect the companies , imposing in his case the sanctions that established by law.Article 139.-
The State has the obligation to promote, organize and regulate the conciliation and arbitration for the peaceful settlement of conflicts of work.Article 140.-
The State will promote vocational training and technical training of workers.Article 141.-
The Law will determine the employers that by the amount of the capital or the number of their workers , are obliged to provide them and their families, education, health, housing or other nature.
CHAPTER VI SOCIAL SECURITYArticle 142 .
- everyone has the right to the security of its economic livelihood in case of incapacity to work or obtain gainful employment.
The Social Security services be provided and administered by the Honduran Institute of Social Security that cover cases of disease, maternity, grant of family, old age, orphans, paros forced, accidents, unemployment checked, occupational diseases and all other contingencies that affect the ability to produce.
The State create Institutions of Assistance and Social Welfare to Work unified in a system unitary state with the contribution of all concerned and the same State.Article 143.-
The State, employers and workers, be obliged to contribute to the financing, improvement and expansion of Social Insurance. The social security system be implemented in gradual and progressive, both with regard to the risks covered as to the geographical areas and to the categories of workers covered .Article 144.-
is considered public utility the expansion of Social Security system for workers in the city and countryside.
CHAPTER VII HEALTHArticle 145.-
recognizes the right to health protection .
The duty of all participate in the promotion and preservation of the health staff and the community.
The State kept the environment adequate to protect the health of people.Article 146.-
Corresponds to the State through its units and agencies established in accordance with the law, the regulatory, supervisory and control of foodstuffs, chemical, pharmaceutical and biological.Article 147.-
The law shall regulate the production, trafficking, tenure, donation, use and marketing of psychotropic drugs that may only be aimed at the welfare services of health and experiments of scientific nature, under the supervision of the competent authority.Article 148.-
created the Honduran Institute for the Anticipation of Alcoholism, drug abuse and dependence, which is governed by a special law.Article 149.-
Executive Power through the Ministry of Public Health and Social Assistance, coordinate all public activities of the agencies centralized and decentralized in that sector , through a national health plan, which will give priority to the neediest groups.
Corresponds to the State monitoring the activities of private health under the law .Article 150.-
The Executive Branch promote integrated programs to improve the nutritional status of hondurans.
CHAPTER VIII EDUCATION AND CULTUREArticle 151.
- education is essential function of the State for the conservation, the promotion and dissemination of culture , which must be projecting its benefits to society without discrimination of any kind.
The national education will be secular and shall be based on the principles of democracy, instill and promote in the learners deep feelings hondureñistas and should be linked directly with the process of economic and social development of the country.Article 152.
- parents have preferential right to choose the type of education that will give their children.Article 153.-
The State has the obligation to develop basic education of the people, creating the effect the bodies necessary administrative and technical dependent directly from the Secretariat of State in the Office of Public Education.Article 154.
- The eradication of illiteracy is primary task of the State. It is the duty of all hondurans cooperate for the achievement of this end,Article 155.-
The State recognizes and protects the freedom of research, learning and teaching.Article 156.-
levels of formal education, will be determined in the respective law, except the top level that corresponds to the National Autonomous University of Honduras.Article 157.-
education at all levels of formal education system , except the top level, it will be authorized, organized, directed and supervised solely by the Executive Power by the Ministry of Public Education, which administered the centers of such a system that they are completely financed by public funds .Article 158.-
Any educational center may provide knowledge of inferior quality to the level that it is under the law.Article 159.-
The Ministry of Public Education and the National Autonomous University of Honduras, without prejudice to their respective powers, take the necessary measures to ensure that the general programming of the national education is integrated into a coherent system, so that the learners respond adequately to the requirements of the higher education.Article 160.-
The National Autonomous University of Honduras is an autonomous institution of the State, with legal personality , enjoys the exclusivity to organize, lead and develop higher education and vocational training. Contribute to the scientific research , humanistic and technology, to the general dissemination of the culture and to the study of the national problems. Should schedule their participation in the transformation of the Honduran society .
The Law and its statutes set his organization, functions and powers
For the creation and operation of Private Universities, they deliver a special law in accordance with the principles that this Constitution.
Shall be valid only officially the titles of academic granted by the National Autonomous University of Honduras as well as the granted by the Private Universities and foreign, recognized all of them by the National Autonomous University of Honduras.
The National Autonomous University of Honduras is the sole authority to resolve on the additions of professionals graduates of foreign universities.
Only the people who hold title valid may exercise professional activities.
The titles that do not have university character and whose granting corresponds to the Executive Branch will have legal validity.ARTICLE 161.-
The State help maintain, development and aggrandizement of the National Autonomous University of Honduras, with an allocation annual custodial not less than six percent of the budget of net income of the Republic, excluding loans and grants.
The National Autonomous University is exempt from all kinds of taxes and contributions.Article 162.-
By its nature information and training, teaching has a social function and human that determines to the educator responsibilities scientific and moral front of his disciples, the institution that work and to society.Article 163.-
The training of teachers is a function and exclusive responsibility of the State; it is understood as a teacher who manages, organizes, directs, runs or supervises the work of education and that sustains as a profession the Magisterium.Article 164.-
teachers in service in primary schools, are exempt from all kinds of taxes on salaries that accrued and on the quantities that subsequently collected on concepts of retirement.Article 165.-
The Law guarantees the practitioners of the teaching its stability at work, a standard of living commensurate with its lofty mission and a retirement just.
Shall be delivered the corresponding Statute of Honduran Teaching.Article 166.-
Any natural or legal person has the right to establish educational centers within the respect for the Constitution and the law.
The working relations between teachers and owner of private institutions , shall be governed by laws educational, without prejudice to the benefits arising from labor legislation.Article 167.-
The owners of farms, factories and other production centers in rural areas, are forced to establish or maintain basic education schools, for the benefit of the children of their permanent workers, provided that the number of children of school age exceeds 30 and in border areas exceed 20.Article 168.-
The teaching of the Constitution of the Republic, the national History and Geography, is mandatory and be in charge of professionals hondurans.Article 169.-
The State sustain and encourage the education of disabled people.Article 170.-
The State boost the development of non-formal education through libraries, cultural centers and any form of dissemination.Article 171.-
education provided officially shall be free and the basic will be in addition, compulsory and fully funded by the State. The State will establish the mechanisms of compulsion to make effective this provision.Article 172.-
Any wealth anthropological, archaeological, historical and artistic of Honduras is part of the cultural heritage of the Nation.
The Law will establish the rules that will serve as a basis for its conservation, catering, maintenance and refund, in his case.
It is the duty of all the hondurans to ensure its conservation and prevent its subtraction.
The sites of natural beauty, monuments and reserved areas, will be under the protection of the State.Article 173.-
The State preserve and stimulate the native cultures, as well as the genuine expressions of national folklore, the popular art and crafts.Article 174.-
The State will the hobby and the exercise of physical culture and sports.Article 175.-
The State will promote and support the disclosure of productions of authors nationals and foreigners who remain legitimate creations philosophical, scientific or literary contribute to national development.Article 176.-
The media of the State are the service of the education and culture. The private media are obliged to contribute to the achievement of these purposes.Article 177.-
establishes the Professional Membership compulsory. The law shall regulate its organization and operation .
CHAPTER IX OF THE HOUSINGArticle 178.-
recognizes to hondurans the right of decent housing. The State formulate and implement programs of social housing.
The law regulate the leasing of housing and premises, the use of urban land and construction, according to the general interest .Article 179.-
The State will promote, support and regulate the creation of systems and mechanisms for the use of the internal and external resources to be channelled toward resolving the problem.Article 180.-
credits and loans internal or external to the State obtained by the end of housing will be regulated by law for the benefit of end-user of the credit.Article 181.
- created the "Social Fund for Housing", whose aim will be the housing development in the urban and rural areas. A special law regulating its organization and operation.