Parliament to establish office of Ombudsman.
146. (1) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, Parliament shall, not later than twelve months from the commencement of this Constitution, or so soon thereafter as Parliament may determine, by an Act of Parliament establish the office of Ombudsman.
(2) The Act of Parliament shall define the functions and duties of the Ombudsman which shall include the investigation of any action taken or omitted to be taken by or on behalf of—
- any department of Ministry of Government;
- any statutory corporation or institutions of higher learning or education, set up entirely or partly out of public funds;
- any member of the Public Service, being an action taken or omitted to be taken in the exercise of the administrative functions of that department, ministry, statutory corporation, institution or person.