1. The Republic of Suriname recognizes and respects the right of nations to self-determination and national independence on the basis of equality, sovereignty and mutual benefit.
2. The Republic of Suriname promotes the development of the international legal order and supports the peaceful settlement of international disputes.
3. The Republic of Suriname rejects any armed aggression, any form of political and economic pressure, as well as every direct or indirect intervention in the domestic affairs of other States.
4. The Republic of Suriname promotes the solidarity and collaboration with other peoples in the combat against colonialism, neo-colonialism, racism, genocide and in the combat for national liberation, peace and social progress.
5. The Republic of Suriname promotes the participation in international organizations with a view to establishing peaceful coexistence, peace and progress for mankind.