First Section IN GENERALArticle 128
There shall be a National Security Council, which can commence its activities after the duly authorized institutions have decided to declare the state of war, threat of war, or the state of siege in case of military aggression, and the state of civil and military emergency.
Second Section COMPOSITION OF THE SECURITY COUNCILArticle 129
The Security Council shall consist of:
- The President, as chairman;
- The Vice-President, as deputy chairman;
- The Minister in charge of legal affairs;
- The Minister in charge of defense;
- Another member of the Council of Ministers;
- The Commander of the National Army;
- The Chief of Police of the Police Corps of Suriname.
The Security Council shall protect the sovereignty and the domestic security of the Republic of Suriname and is endowed with special powers with regard to the external and domestic security of the Republic of Suriname in case of war, danger of war or state of siege and other extraordinary circumstances, to be defined by the law.