APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE
Non-Singaporeans can become Singapore Permanent Residents (SPRs) by obtaining an Entry Permit. An application for an Entry Permit is an application for Singapore Permanent Residence.
The following categories of foreigners are eligible to submit applications:
- Spouse and unmarried children (below 21 years old) of a Singapore Citizen (SC)/Permanent Resident (SPR);
- Aged parents of a Singapore Citizen;
- Employment Pass (P or Q Pass) holders;
- Hong Kong residents who satisfy certain guidelines can apply for permanent residence by submitting applications through SMC Management Consultants Pte Ltd in Singapore.
All applications with the requisite documents must be submitted at the following address:
Permanent Resident Services Centre
5th Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
(Next to Lavender MRT station)
Singapore 208718DOCUMENTS REQUIREDA) Wife/Child of a SC/SPR
B) Husband of a SC/SPR
- 1 set of completed Form 4 obtainable at the Permanent Resident Services Centre.
- Applicant is required to complete Part A to Part E and Part G and local sponsor to complete Part F and Part H of the application form (Form 4);
A female Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident may sponsor her husband for permanent residence. Each application will be considered on its own merits.
C) Aged Parent of a SC
- Two sets of completed Form 4A (one original and one photocopy) instead of the Form 4. You may obtain the form at the Permanent Resident Services Centre or download a copy.
D) Employment Pass (P or Q Pass) Holder
- 1 set of completed Form 4 (an original) obtainable at the Permanent Resident Services Centre. You may also download the form.
- If you are applying under the Professionals/Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers Scheme, you will need to submit 2 sets of completed Form 4A (one original and one photocopy). You may obtain the form at the Permanent Resident Services Centre or download a copy.
- Foreign investors with substantial capital and good entrepreneurial track records may apply for permanent residence under the Global Investor Programme.
For details, you can contact:
Singapore Economic Development Board
250 North Bridge Road
#24-00 Raffles City Tower
Tel: 6336 2288F) Hong Kong Resident
Persons born in Hong Kong or who can show proof that they have or used to have rights of abode in Hong Kong may apply for in-principle approval for permanent residence by submitting an application through:
SMC Management Consultants Pte Ltd
51 Cuppage Road
#04-05 StarHub Centre
Tel: 6722 1766
Fax: 6734 8373FEES
The fee for an Entry Permit is S$100 and the fee for a Re-Entry Permit is S$10 per year. For foreigners requiring a visa, the visa fee is S$20 per issue.
Please make payment by NETS.PROCESSING TIME
The processing time for an application is 3 months. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by mail. Applicant should notify us if there are any changes in his/her address.NATIONAL SERVICE LIABILITY
Under the Enlistment Act, all male Singapore Citizens
and Permanent Residents are liable for National Service (NS) upon reaching 16Â½ years old. They are required to serve 2 or 2Â½ years of full-time National Service (NSF), followed by 40 days of Operationally Ready National Service (NS) per year till the age of 50 years (for officers) or 40 years (for other ranks).
Main applicants who are granted SPR status under the first generation Professionals/Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers (PTS) Scheme of the Economic Benefits Scheme (EBS) are exempted from NS. Male children who are granted SPR status under their parents' application are liable for NS upon reaching 16Â½ years old.
Male ex-Singapore Citizens and ex-Singapore Permanent Residents who are granted SPR status are liable to be called up for NS regardless of the type of SPR status they are granted.