Chapter XIV Transitional ProvisionArticle 134: Prohibited Amendments
Revision or amendment affecting the system of liberal and pluralistic democracy and the regime of Constitutional Monarchy are prohibited.Article 135: Entry Into Force
This Constitution, after its adoption, is to be declared in force immediately by the Head of State of Cambodia.Article 136: Enforcement Proceedings
1. After the entry into force of this Constitution, the Constituent Assembly becomes the National Assembly.
2. The Internal Rules of Procedure of the assembly come into force after adoption by the assembly.
3. In the case where the assembly is not yet functional, the President and the First and Second Vice-Presidents of the Constituent Assembly participate in the discharge of the duties in the Throne Council if so required by the situation in the country.Article 137: Selection of the King
After this Constitution takes effect, the King is selected in accordance with conditions stipulated in Article 13 and 14.Article 138: First Prime Minister
1. After this Constitution take effects, and during the first legislature, the King of the Kingdom of Cambodia appoints a First Prime Minister and a Second Prime Minister to form a Royal Government after securing the consent of the President and the two Vice-Presidents of the assembly.
2. The Co-President existing before the adoption of this Constitution participate as members of the Committee and in the Throne Council as stipulated in Articles 11 and 13.Article 139: Validity of Old Law
Laws and standard documents in Cambodia that safeguard State properties, rights, freedom and legal private properties, and are in conformity with the national interests, continue to be effective until altered or abrogated by newer texts, except those provisions that are contrary to the spirit of this Constitution.