(1) Citizens shall consist of indigenous Indonesian peoples and persons of foreign origin who have been legalized as citizens in accordance with law.
(2) Residents shall consist of Indonesian citizens and foreign nationals living in Indonesia.
(3) Matters concerning citizens and residents shall be regulated by law.
(1) All citizens shall be equal before the law and the government and shall be required to respect the law and the government, with no exceptions.
(2) Every citizen shall have the right to work and to earn a humane livelihood.
(3) Each citizen shall have the right and duty to participate in the effort of defending the state.