1. The constitutional Tsets shall be an organ exercising supreme supervision over the implementation of the Constitution, making judgement on the violation of its provisions and resolving constitutional disputes. It shall be the guarantee for the strict observance of the Constitution.
2. The Constitutional Tsets and its members in the execution of their duties shall be guided by the Constitution only and shall be independent of any organizations, officials or anybody else.
3. The independence of the members of the Constitutional Tsets shall be ensured by the guarantees set out in the Constitution and other laws.
1. The Constitutional Tsets shall consist of 9 members. Members of the Constitutional Tsets shall be appointed by the State Ikh Hural for a term of six years upon the nomination of three of them by the State Ikh Hural, three by the President and the remaining three by the Supreme Court.
2. A member of the Constitutional Tsets shall be a Mongolian national who has reached forty years of age and is experienced in politics and law.
3. The Chairman of the Constitutional Tsets shall be elected from among 9 members for a term of three years by a majority vote of the members of Constitutional Tsets. He may be re-elected once.
4. If the Chairman or a member of the Constitutional Tsets violates law, he/she may be withdrawn by the State Ikh Hural on the basis of the decision of the Constitutional Tsets and on the opinion of the institution which nominated him/her.
5. The President, members of the State Ikh Hural, the Prime Minister, members of the Government and members of the Supreme Court shall not be nominated to serve on the Constitutional Tsets.
1. The Constitutional Tsets shall review and make judgement on the disputes at the request of the State Ikh Hural, the President, the Prime Minister, the Supreme Court and the Prosecutor General and/or on its own initiative on the basis of petitions and information received citizens.
2. The Constitutional Tsets in accordance with Section 1 of this Article shall make and submit judgment to the State Ikh Hural on:
- the conformity of laws, decrees and other decisions by the State Ih Hural and the President, as well as Government decisions and international treaties signed by Mongolia with the Constitution;
- the conformity of national referendums and decisions of the Central electoral authority on the elections of the State Ikh Hural and its members as well as on Presidential elections with the Constitution;
- the breach of law by the President, Chairman and members of the State Ikh Hural, the Prime Minister, members of the Government, the Chief Justice and the Prosecutor General;
- the well-foundedness of the grounds for the removal of the President, Chairman of the State Ikh Hural and the Prime Minister and for the recall of members of the State Ikh Hural.
3. If a decision submitted in accordance with Clauses 1 and 2 of Section 2 of this Article is not acceptable to the State Ikh Hural, the Constitutional Tsets shall re- examine it and make final judgement.
4. If the Constitutional Tsets decides that the laws, decrees and other decisions of the State Ikh Hural and the President as well as Government decisions and international treaties concluded by Mongolia are incongruous with the Constitution, the laws, decrees, instruments of ratification and decisions in questions shall be considered invalid.
Decisions of the Constitutional Tsets shall immediately enter into force.