ARTICLE 27. His Majesty:
(1) In this Constitution, the words "His Majesty" mean His Majesty the King for the time being reigning, being a descendant of the Great King Prithvi Narayan Shah and an adherent of Aryan culture and the Hindu religion.
( 2 ) His Majesty is the symbol of Nepalese nationality and the unity of the Nepalese people.
( 3 ) His Majesty is to preserve and protect this Constitution by keeping in view the best interests and welfare of the people of Nepal.
ARTICLE 28. Provision Relating to Succession to the Throne:
(1) Nothing in this Constitution shall affect the custom, usage and tradition relating to the order of succession to the Throne by the descendants of His Majesty.
(2) His Majesty shall have the exclusive power of enacting, amending and repealing the law relating to succession to the Throne by His descendants .
ARTICLE 29. Expenditures and Privileges Relating to His Majesty and the Royal Family:
Expenditures and privileges relating to His Majesty and the Royal Family shall be as determined by law: Provided that no law shall be made having the effect of reducing the expenditures and privileges being provided by the existing law.
ARTICLE 30. Income and Property of His Majesty to be Exempt from Tax and Inviolable:
(1) The income and personal property of His Majesty shall be exempt from all kinds of tax, fee or other similar charge.
( 2 ) The property of His Majesty shall be inviolable .
ARTICLE 31. Question not to be Raised in Courts:
No question shall be raised in any court about any act performed by His Majesty:
Provided that nothing in this Article shall be deemed to restrict any right under law to initiate proceedings against His Majesty's Government or any employee of His Majesty.
ARTICLE 32. Royal Representative. Council of Royal Representatives. Regency and Council of Regency:
(1) In this Constitution, any reference to His Majesty shall, unless the subject or context otherwise requires, include reference to a Royal Representative or Council of Royal Representatives exercising powers pursuant to clause (2), and to a Regent or Council of Regency empowered pursuant to Article 34.
(2) His Majesty may, by warrant under His Royal Seal, appoint any person or council as His Royal Representative to exercise, subject to such conditions as may be specified in the warrant, such functions as His Majesty is to perform pursuant to this Constitution or the existing law during His Majesty's absence from Nepal or during any specified period. The functions exercised by such Royal Representative within the terms and limits specified in the warrant shall, for the purpose of this Constitution and the existing laws, be deemed to have been exercised by His Majesty.
ARTICLE 33. Royal Standard and Salute:
(1) Square in shape and crimson in color having borders in white, the Royal standard is traditionally comprised of a crescent moon, in the upper corner near the flag staff with eight out of sixteen rays shown in white color, and a white sun with twelve white rays in the upper corner opposite to the flag staff, and a white flag showing a six-angled figure and a sword in the middle of the standard with an upright white lion facing the flag with both its paws holding, and the right hind leg supporting, the flag staff.
(2) The national anthem of Nepal is the Royal salute.