Part One: The Economy of the Slovak RepublicArticle 55
(1) The economy of the Slovak Republic is based on the principles of a socially and ecologically oriented market economy.
(2) The Slovak Republic protects and promotes economic competition. Details will be set out in a law.Article 56
The Slovak Republic establishes a bank of issue. Details will be set out in a law.Article 57
The Slovak Republic is a customs territory.Article 58
(1) The financial management of the Slovak Republic is administered by its state budget. The state budget is adopted by means of a law.
(2) State budget revenues, the rules of budget economy, and the relationship between the state budget and the budgets of territorial units will be set out in a law.
(3) Special-purpose funds linked to the state budget of the Slovak Republic are established by law.Article 59
(1) There exist state and local taxes and fees.
(2) Taxes and fees may be levied by law or on the basis of a law.
Part Two : Supreme Control Office of the Slovak RepublicArticle 60
The Supreme Control Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent body carrying out control of the management of budgetary resources, state property, property rights, and state claims.Article 61
(1) The Supreme Control Office is headed by a chairman. The chairman and deputy chairmen of the Supreme Control Office are elected and recalled by the National Council of the Slovak Republic.
(2) Any citizen of the Slovak Republic who may be elected to the National Council of the Slovak Republic may be elected chairman of the Supreme Control Office.
(3) The same person may be elected chairman of the Supreme Control Office for a maximum of two consecutive five-year terms.
(4) The posts of chairman and deputy chairmen of the Supreme Control Office are incompatible with any other post in state bodies, territorial self-administration bodies, or bodies of juridical persons engaged in entrepreneurial activity.Article 62
The Supreme Control Office submits reports on the results of its inquiries to the National Council of the Slovak Republic at least once a year and whenever requested to do so by the National Council of the Slovak Republic.Article 63
The sphere of competence, powers, and internal organizational structure of the Supreme Control Office will be set out in a law.