Marital dispute are stressful and demanding. In today’s times, Goa is getting notorious for rising number of divorce cases. The breezy and chic culture of Goa may or may not have worked in its favor and now people in Goa have reached a state where the ‘changing lifestyle’ has turned out to be more of a ‘challenging lifestyle’. Higher independence, poor tolerance and ever decreasing willingness to adapt to the needs of one another have made the life of people miserable.
To curb the legal liabilities of people in Goa, Helpline Law has been a reliable platform since 2001. It has assisted & guided people in legal matters related to family law like divorce, adoption, child custody, alimony, etc. Helpline Law has a database of experienced & dedicated lawyers who can resolve your problems through legal counseling & service in Goa and bring a healing touch to the issue, so the separation or conciliation process is as painless as possible.
Lawyers on the http://helplinelaw.com panel can guide as well as provide the wide range of legal services & assistance for problems and doubts related to divorce matters. Our team of Goa Divorce lawyers has assisted clients in family & divorce matters in India as well as overseas. Helpline Law has a unique style to handle divorce related issues. We spend sufficient amount of time with every client to understand their needs & desires to achieve the desired results.
Through our database of experienced & highly proficient divorce lawyers in Goa, you can get desired solutions & services for divorce matters pertaining to following:
- For Hindus: Hindu Marriage Act 1955
- For Christians: Indian Christian Marriage Act 1872 and Divorce Act 1869
- For Muslims: It is a part of Dissolution of Muslim Marriages Act, 1939 and, also Personnel laws of Divorce
- For Parsis: Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act 1936
- Other community: Special Marriage Act, 1956
Our experienced & professional divorce lawyer’s team can assist you in:
- Drafting and filing of contested divorce petitions on grounds of:
- Domestic Violence - Domestic Violence Act 2005
- Cruelty - Section 498 A under Indian Penal Code, 1860
- Desertion - As explained under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 & falls under section 13(1)a of the Act.
- Conversion - Section- 13(1)(II)
- Restitution of Conjugal rights - As explained under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 & falls under section 13(1)a of the Act.
- Adultery - Section- 13(1)(I)
- Impotency - Section 12 (1)a
- Dowry – Dowry Prohibition Act 2005
- Drafting and filing of Mutual divorce petitions
- Maintenance cases
- Permanent alimony cases
- Judicial separation
- Other related matrimonial law proceedings.
- Dissolution/ Annulment of Marriage
- Special Marriage cases
- Child Custody
- Maintenance of Child
- Child visitation rights
- Protective orders
- Property disputes
- Pension Splitting
- NRI Divorce
- Foreign Divorce
- Appeal against divorce decree
- Transfer of divorce petition
Important documents required to file for a divorce
- Address proof of husband
- Address proof of wife
- Wedding card
- Documentary proof of marriage
- Marriage certificate
- Photo ID proofs
- Passport size photographs of marriage of husband and wife
- Evidence proving parties are living separately since more than a year
- Evidence relating to the failed attempts of reconciliation
- Income tax statements for the last 2-3 years
- Details of profession and present compensation
- Information relating to family background
- Details of properties and other assets owned by the petitioner
Divorce cases can be filed before any of the Family Courts depending upon the place where:
- The marriage was solemnized
- Both the parties resided last together
- The petitioner is residing presently or working for gain
Different Courts in Goa where Family law related matters such as Divorce can be filed are:
|District And Sessions Court - North Goa||MG Road, Near Panaji Residency, Patto Colony, Panaji, Goa 403001|
|Civil and Criminal Court Sanguem||Kharkate Ghati, Sanguem, Goa 403704|
|Mapusa Court||District Hospital Rd, Alto, Duler, Mapusa, Goa 403507|
|Civil and Criminal Courts, Bicholim||SH 1,Opposite to Our Lady of Grace Church and School, Bicholim, Goa 403504|
|Old Sesssions Court||Margao, Goa 403601|
|District and Sessions Court, Margao||District and Sessions Court, Margao, Goa Pin: 403 601|
STEPS INVOLVED IN A DIVORCE CASE:
- The divorce petition is filed in the Family Courts with all the details of the parties involved and the case. Grounds of divorce under the law are mentioned here.
- The divorce petition is analyzed by the Family Court and post that a notice is issued as per the divorce petition to the other party against whom the divorce petition has been filed.
- The parties are directed to appear for mediation and efforts are made to reconcile them.
- If the mediation is successful, then the matter is announced settled otherwise the Family court proceeds with the matter
- The defendant/ opposing party is directed by the court to file a written statement to the divorce petition & take his/her defenses.
- The petitioner is directed to file his/her refutation to the written statement filed by the defendant/ opposing party. Any application for interim maintenance etc is decided by the court at this stage of the case.
- The court frames the issues for adjudications and the matter is posted for evidence of the parties.
- The petitioner is directed to lead its evidence by way of filing the relevant documents, papers and by summoning all its witnesses.
- The respondent is asked to lead its evidence by way of fling of the relevant documents, papers and by summoning all its witnesses.
- The final arguments in the matter are held and the matter is decided by the court.
- The court passes the decree of divorce or rejects the matter based on the entire facts, evidence and law.
Helpline Law is devoted to provide complete & prioritized guidance as well as legal services in all kinds of divorce matters in Goa. We ensure 100% privacy and guard the status & social position of the parties. Helpline Law can connect you with apposite divorce lawyers in Goa who understand Divorce is a sensitive matter and need to be handled with care, sensitivity & agility.
For legal advice on Goa divorce lawyers, you may like to fill out the online form below to submit your query on Divorce Lawyers. We will put you in touch with the quality lawyers at no cost.