Repealed or Renumbered
The commissioner of administration is designated custodian of appropriations made under any of the Acts described in AS 14.35.010 . The commissioner of administration shall receive and provide for the proper custody and disbursement of all money paid to the state according to any of the Acts.
The State of Alaska accepts together with the benefits of all respective funds appropriated thereunder, all of the provisions of the Act of Congress approved February 23, 1917, Public Law 347, 64th Congress, entitled: 'An Act to provide for the promotion of vocational education; to provide for cooperation with the states in the promotion of such education in agriculture, home economics and trades and industries; to provide for the cooperation of the states in the preparation of teachers of vocational subjects; and to appropriate money and regulate its expenditures,' and Acts amending or supplementing it.
When required by any of the Acts described in AS 14.35.010 the department shall
(1) cooperate with the United States Department of Health, Education, and Welfare in the administration of the Act;
(2) do everything necessary to entitle the state to receive money available according to the Act;
(3) represent the state in all matters related to the administration of the Act;
(4) expend and disburse money received according to the Act;
(5) designate the districts, schools, departments, or classes to participate in the benefits of money received according to the Act.
(a) The state Board of Education and Early Development serves as the state board for the purposes of any of the Acts described in AS 14.35.010.
(b) When required by any of the Acts described in AS 14.35.010 , the board shall
(1) prepare, submit, and supervise the administration of the plans for vocational education;
(2) select a state director of vocational education;
(3) establish the minimum qualifications for teachers, supervisors, or directors;
(4) determine the prorated basis on which money shall be available for the salary and necessary travel expenses of the state director of vocational education;
(5) consider the advice of the Alaska Workforce Investment Board established by AS 23.15.550 regarding employment training needs and advise that board in the development of vocational education programs.
(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to repeal or modify any existing statute.